The Nica Report!

The on-line journal of journey to Nicaragua and back — May 2004

4.19.2004

2004 - Tell me what you want to know...

Folks ask me if I'm excited about my upcoming trip. Well, I'm the type that doesn't get nervous until I'm just about to go on stage, or feel the excitement until I'm strapped into my airline seat. So no, I'm not exactly excited. I'm expectant. I actually have a feeling of unreality; but I keep on with my preparations.

I have my suitcase down and am beginning to throw things into it as I think of them. Mosquito repellant (with DEET); sunscreen (50 SPF); flashlight; notebook and pen; swimsuit; Nicaragua guide; Spanish-English dictionary.

The Mercy Ships Nicaragua base will be my primary location. It is located in the city of Leon and has the basic modern amenities; i.e. flush toilets, showers (albiet cold water); kitchen and laundry facilities, etc. However, my mom has invited me to spend one or two nights out at the villages; i.e. very primitive surroundings.

On one hand I'm hesitant, but on the other hand, I want to go for it; experience all that this trip has to offer. Besides, I can't let my 79 year old mother show me up!

~~~

I want to hear from you. Tell me what you want to know about this trip, the mission, me, my mom. You may contact me by clicking the email link in my sidebar or by leaving a comment at the end of this entry (just click on the Comment link and a box will pop up).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home